On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Dan Espen wrote:

> > FvwmCommand if I get it to work. Currently it claims:
> > "No such file or directory FvwmCommand error in opening message fifo"
>
> You have to start FvwmCommandS before FvwmCommand works.
> Both comamnds have to be started with $DISPLAY set to the same
> value.
>
> Look in /var/tmp to see the FIFO its looking for.

I did. I had a try last night at home and it works as
expected (2.5.2). At work (2.5.3) it does not. I have tried
several combinations - setting DISPLAY by hand in fvwm and
in the shell which executes FvwmCommand and using the
options -S and -f - without success. In /var/tmp there are
two files:
   /var/tmp/FvwmCommand-gruenbube:0.0C
   /var/tmp/FvwmCommand-gruenbube:0.0M
which disapear when I kill FvwmCommandS. DISPLAY is set to
"gruenbube:0.0".

Uwe
--
Uwe Pross