On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 01:26:55AM -0500, fvwm-workers wrote:
> CVSROOT:      /home/cvs/fvwm
> Module name:  fvwm
> Changes by:   scott   04/07/11 01:26:55
>
> Modified files:
>       .              : AUTHORS ChangeLog
>       fvwm           : conditional.c fvwm.1.in fvwm.h
>
> Log message:
> Apply conditionals patch.
>
> Committed patch by Norman Yarvin (with a few minor mods) to extend
> conditionals to handle multiple window names.

Hm, I did not expect this to be committed with the option naming
issue unresolved, but so be it.  The current syntax is inaccepable
because it is now impossible to use "$[w.name]" in a condition if
the window has a '|' in its name.  It's already bad enough with
'?' and '*', but I see no need to add new problems.

Instead, a new option should be added, perhaps

  Next (foobar "Netscape|Mozilla") foo

that considers '|' to be special while the old syntax does not.

Ciao