On Aug 26, 2004, at 20:50, Danek Duvall wrote:
At least on my Solaris boxes, #pragma ident is the only pragma in
/usr/openwin/include. Gcc (3.3.3 here) seems to warn about those if either -Wall or -Wunknown-pragmas is used, but passes through it just fine; i.e.,
it's just build noise.

I assume, Chris, that what you would like to do here is

    gcc ... -Wall -Wno-unknown-pragmas ...

?

Note that almost all Solaris include files have #pragma ident; it's just
part of the version control stuff that Sun uses.

  Yes.  That's exactly what I'd like to do, to reduce the build noise
so I can more easily track real warnings or errors I care about.

  But, as noted, there's no way to put something in CFLAGS without
putting it before -Wall. This is what I was asking for thoughts about...

                       - Chris