> On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 05:08:50PM -0400, Gilles Foucault wrote:
>> Dear Fvwm hackers,
>>
>> I'd like to ask you if there is ongoing work about the implementation of
>> the freedesktop.org's System tray (notification area) inside
>> FvwmTaskBar:
>> http://freedesktop.org/Standards/systemtray-spec
>
> Currently, nobody is doing much with the taskbar.  A patch would
> be welcome, though.

I'd enjoy writing this hack using the code of peksystray
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/peksystray).

I should maybe get some knowledge about FVWM module writing and X
programming. I already did some code with X/OpenMotif but I'm not an
expert at X programming.

Do you have any reference documentation to FVWM module programming
(communication protocol, events)  ? and X programming ?

Regards,

Gilles