On 06 Apr 2006 12:47:59 +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 12:13:17PM +0200, Viktor Griph wrote:
> > On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> > >
> > >Do you mean this text:
> > >
> > > They are searched in the reverse order stated.
> > > When two conflicting styles apply to the same window, the style
> > > that was changed last wins.

I think it will help if we use different terms instead of one term
"style" meaning different things. I always use term "style option" to
mean individual bit(s), "style" to mean named structure, and "Style" to
mean fvwm command.

So, how about this:

  When two opposite style options are specified for the same window
  (like Sticky and Slippery), then the last specified option wins.

  Example:

    Style gnome-terminal SloppyFocus, Slippery
    Style gnome-* Slippery, SloppyFocus, MouseFocus, HandleWidth 6
    Style *-terminal Sticky

  This results to "gnome-terminal" to be Sticky and use MouseFocus.

  In this example, the "Style gnome-terminal SloppyFocus, Slippery"
  line is effectivelly optimized out and does not consume memory.

Regards,
Mikhael.