"Serge (gentoosiast) Koksharov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 11:15:29AM +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> > Unfortunately I never got any feedback on this from the person who
> > reported it first.  The problem was that in some cases the GC used
> > to draw the title was not set before drawing, but it seems the old
> > code relied on this not being done.
> >
> > I'd be grateful if someone could look into this problem or at
> > least give me a minimal config to reproduce it.
>
>   I can confirm Dan's bugreport. And it easily reproducable with minimal
>   config:
>
>   I compile FVWM like this:
>
> aclocal
> autoheader
> automake --add-missing
> autoreconf
> ./configure  --prefix=$HOME/usr --oldincludedir=$HOME/usr/include \
> --enable-xft --disable-xinerama --enable-iconv --disable-bidi \
> --enable-perllib --enable-nls --enable-gtk --with-x
> --without-rplay-library \
> --without-gnome
> make && make install
>
>   Then I move entire ~/.fvwm directory somewhere:
>
>   $ mv ~/.fvwm ~/usr/src
>
>   Create new empty directory:
>
>   mkdir ~/.fvwm
>
>   Create '~/.fvwm/config' file consisting of two lines:
>
>   Style * ForeColor red
>   Style * HilightFore red
>
>   Launch FVWM and see that titles of both active and inactive windows
>   are black, but not red.
>
>   I hope you can reproduce it as well and fix this bug. If not, you can
>   provide me with instructions what to do next and I'll be more than
>   glad to help.

Dominik posted a patch containing the commit that caused the
problem.  He asked for help trying to recreate the original
problem he was trying to patch.

We could just revert his patch, but the original problem would
remain unsolved.

I haven't had any time to look into this yet.

--
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]