On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Viktor Griph wrote:

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Scott Smedley wrote:

Hi all,

I think there is a bug in FVWM's parameter expansion.
FVWM crashes with a simple command such as:

Echo $[0]

I am looking at this problem in GDB. The variable 'm', suddenly has a
huge value when I reach line 918 of fvwm/expand.c:

if (input[m] == ']')

Then I get a SEGV because this is an illegal memory access.

Can anyone else confirm this problem?

I can'tr make it crash with just Echo $[0]. However the following make it crash 100%:

AddToFunc TestFunc I Echo $[0]
TestFunc $[0]

I'll investigate that further after breakfast to see if it's the same crash, or a different one.

/Viktor

Can you see if the fix I comitted for the above fixes your error as well? It's possible that it's the same error if your strlen doesn't segfault on NULL-input (and you did call Echo $[0] from within a funcion called by a trailing space or something else to form an argument string with no tokens).

/Viktor