Hehe -- I never said the above, Renato did.  :)

> It's all about compatibility and maintainability. We once had *13*
> different configure switches, and just compiling fvwm with any
> combination of two options turned on or off took hours. This (and
> other reasons explained in detail in the paper "#ifdef considered
> harmful") is why I don't want any new #ifdefs in the code.

I agree.

> Since there is so much old and weird stuff in fvwm, we planned to
> clean it all up in 3.0 - although there is little hope at the moment
> to start this work anytime soon.

To be honest, I don't really see where all the fuss is with releasing
FVWM 3.0 -- I'd much rather we spent time discussing things than rushing
things to satisfy a few users.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"If I were a witch's hat, sitting on her head like a paraffin stove, I'd
fly away and be a bat." -- Incredible String Band.