On Sat, Nov 20, 2021 at 03:03:44AM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> For master:
>
> 0001: Fix uninitialised variables in lib.
> 0002: Remove "-blackout" option.
> 0003: Docuement -v and alias it to --verbose.
> 0004: Don't list all options in the SYNOPSIS.
> 0005: Change getpwuid.c interface (for next patch)
> 0006: Implement -o/--output-logfile option.
>       If given, use that logfile (abs or relative path)
>       If the path is just "-", use stderr
>       If not present use file from env variable
>       If not presen, use default.
>
>         fvwm -v -o - ...           # to stderr
>         fvwm -v -o //home/foo/bar  # to file
>
>       The patch also fixes a memory leak.

Makes sense.  Applied, with a few tweaks.

Note that the use of stderr is going to be interesting.  Unless you've
explicitly captured stderr beforehand, some display managers won't capture
stderr which is why I didn't previously include it, but then again if you're
still starting fvwm via .xsession or .xinitrc, this will be useful.

Kindly,
Thomas