On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 07:09:37PM +0100, Ingo Wardinski wrote:
> Hi there,
> this afternoon I was playing around with fvwmiconman, windowlist and
> fvwmwinlist just to figure out what may be the best for me. So

Do not use FvwmWinList for anything.

> windowlist is my favorite. Unfortunately, I cannot tweak it not to
> display miniicons. I set something like
> Mouse 2     R   A   WindowList NoCurrentDeskTitle, NoGeometry, \
>       CurrentAtEnd, NoIcons, MaxLabelWidth 50, SelectOnRelease Alt_L
>
> This works also when the options are not seperated by comas. I also

No -- this is simply a facet of ParseTokens().

> tried the fvwmwinlist module, but I cannot avoid icons be displayed,
> unless I discard definitions of miniicons for applications.

Correct.  How else is the WindowList to know which miniicons to use?

> I'm currently running fvwm 2.5.26 on linux (2.6.32-34)

This version of FVWM isn't supported anymore.  Use 2.6.3.

I'm struggling to understand your question.  Have you looked also at
FvwmWindowMenu?  This will replace WindowList in the future.

"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)