On Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 12:02:47AM +0100, Michael Großer wrote:
> Thomas Adam wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 10:43:23PM +0100, Michael Großer wrote:
> >> When I additionally I set a StaysOnTop style to bring FvwmIdent on top,
> >> I noticed that this does only work when I apply FvwmIdent on
> >> xterms, but not on nedit, Iceweasel, FvwmIdent or some other instances.
> >
> > Look at the "MinimalLayer" option in "man FvwmIdent".  Everything else
> > you've tried can be got rid of with this option.
>
> I tried it just now, and it does not reliably work. Not with my
> productive system (fvwm 2.5.26). I could try it again later when
> I migrate to something newer.

Not reliably how?  Here:

*FvwmIdent: minimal_layer 10

Always puts FvwmIdent in layer 10 which is high enough to ensure it's not
obscured by any other applications.

What else in your productive system isn't working?

"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)