On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 10:41:46PM +0100, Michael Großer wrote:
> When I only set "*FvwmIdent: MinimalLayer 6" without
> the Style commands, though the FvwmIdent window
> appears on layer 6, but the vector buttons in the window
> decorations, wich I draw with ButtonStyle in my
> "0001_window_decorations" config file, do not
> get refreshed. They will get refreshed when I focus
> another window. Setting the styles I need anyway
> (StaysOnTop + NeverFocus) prevents this sort of laziness
> of the vector buttons. This is a bug I know for months,
> and I use "Stick" "Stick" to work around this.
> Since I have a workaround, I would classify this
> bug as "it would be nice if someone would fix it".

Big man, he say "Woo, bright light in sky.  Oog.", and the villagers, they
rejoice because it comforts them.  "Oog, oog, oog." they prance around in
delight, whilst looking up at the bright light in the sky.

Unfortunately, this doesn't have anything to do with my original reply.
Unfortunately though, I've now conflated that with said reply, so you're
likely just as confused as I was when reading this.

Michael, if you've got two separate problems, please treat them as such.  So
far, I've had to do the following:

* Wade through a plethora of FVWM config which isn't really related to your
  problem most of the time, but gets included by you somehow because it's
  easier.  Fine, but my brain is tired of interpreting it all the time.

* Separate out in my head the different issues and decide if they're even
  related.

* Still give meaningful replies to you based on observations you've had, but
  which haven't been asked as questions by you, but actually form more
  important information than anything you might have mentioned (difficult on
  your part because if you knew this information you wouldn't have to ask
  the questions in the first place, I know).

None of the information you've given above about vector buttons ever *made*
it in to your original email, and yet now they're conflated with
minimal_layers and God knows what else.

Separate them out, and ask separate questions, as many as you like in
different email threads if you so wish, but don't give me disparate pieces
of information like the above and expect me to be able to connect the dots.
It just won't work.

So, the above will need explaining -- because it makes no sense to me.

"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)