On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 10:57:33PM +0000, Harry portobello wrote:
> On 15 January 2012 20:32, Thomas Adam <tho...@fvwm.org> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 12:06:04AM +0000, Harry portobello wrote:
> >> hi,
> >>
> >> i like the cvs version of fvwm and its been ages since the last release
> >> [2.6.3]
> >>
> >> when will we see 2.6.4?
> >
> > When it's ready, which isn't now.
>
> do you publish release candidate files or a warning of release ever?

Not RCs now, but I do publish release warnings.  We don't have a large
enough userbase to warrant RCs as those who care are already following the
development in CVS.

> and why cant you release the CVS one now? whats stopping you? if there
> was a release plan i wouldnt need to ask this question.

Release plans don't exist for the same reasons above, and in my case, I
release a new version depending on the state of development.  In this case
where there aren't any security fixes or major bugs, because we're adding
smaller bug fixes or features, I will release a new version of FVWM when I
think it's ready, and the features in CVS have sat there long enough for
someone to have tried them.

I've still got some miscellaneous module code to commit, which is what I'm
holding out a release for.

"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)