On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 12:02:48PM +0100, Michael Großer wrote:
> Good point: Multiple mouse pointers, for example to change the size of
> windows with two fingers. Is this rather "easy to implement" or rather
> "utterly impossible to implement". The answer to this question
> could be crucial about the question if FVWM will still be "cool"
> in the future or not.

Why are you and others thinking FVWM is responsible for this?  It isn't, and
could never be:  X would be, and I would hope some form of API on top of it.

> > You also want to know if the device has changed its mode to
> > touchscreen, to change the layout accordingly (bigger buttons, maybe
> > less decoration, etc). I'm thinking of tablet laptops here; they are
> > getting more and more popular, and when the interface is implemented
> > correctly, it really comes handy.
>
> Should be easy, is it?

XRandR?  Not that easy, no.  But it's needed to support mode changes.

[...]

"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)