On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 02:55:47PM +0100, Piotr Isajew wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 08:37:03AM -0500, Dan Espen wrote:
>
> > I guess you are thinking of the largest free rectangular area.
>
> yes, that's right
>
> > I'm not aware of any such feature.
>
> I'll try to look for a solution myself. If I find something I'll
> post it to the list.

The only thing similar I can think of is MinOverlapPlacement policy as it does
what you want (sort of). I cannot think of a simple way to mix that placement
policy (and replace your window) with trying to do this smart maximization. But
if you know a bit of C that is something you can look up to see how it is done
in terms of logic in determining the bigest open rectangle.

Just mentioning that placement policy because then you don't have to rebuild
the logic from nothing and you can use it as a starting place to figuring out
where the biggest rectangle is.

jaimos