On Thu, 21 Sep 2017, Stuart Longland wrote:

I'd be suspicious of the video drivers perhaps Xlib (xterm, rxvt?) is
triggering some bug in the video driver that Qt (Konsole) isn't.
qterminal is another Qt-based terminal emulator that might confirm
whether the widget set is having an effect.

  no problem with qterminal

  I've now the proof that fvwm is not involved:
  I could reproduce the problem with fvwm not running
  (it's a little acrobatic, as you loose the focus after killing
  fvwm, and must use the mouse to run a command...)

  So, may-be a bug report would be justified, but against what:
  xterm / X.org video driver / libx11 ...?

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel