On 2017-12-08 12:20, Thomas Adam wrote:
Not a bug. This is fvwm respecting the window's gravity.

Fair enough.  Does FVWM have a config option to alter gravity?  The only
thing I saw matching gravity in the man page was UseGravity/IgnoreGravity,
which are arguments to MoveByProgramMethod and don't appear to allow
setting the gravity direction.  Nothing matching a search for cardinal
or ordinal directions (North, NorthWest, etc) looked promising either.

I would be a very happy person if I could change gravity, as presumably
that would also alter the tiling direction for new windows. (I'd prefer
bottom to top for the same reasons I want to move the margin of my xterm)