On Fri, Mar 08, 2019 at 10:59:44AM +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> On 3/8/19 9:53 AM, Thomas Adam wrote:
> > Key F1 A A --
> >

> Apparently thats a misunderstanding. Sorry for my bad English.
>
> I would like fvwm to *ignore all key bindings for one keypress*
> to forward it directly to the app with input focus.

X11 does not have a way to override all grabs for just a couple of
keystrokes.  If a grab is present, it's always active.  (Unless
the application grabs the keyboard, but that is not what you're
looking for.)

So the only way to do that is to put all key bindings in some
file or function, e.g.

  bind_keys

and to unbind them in another one

  unbind_keys

then "read unbind_keys" when necessary and restore them with "read
bind_keys" later.  You'll probably be unhappy with the performance
of this approach if you have mora than just a few bindings.
(Don't forget to put a binding that reactivates the other bindings
into unbind_keys.)

> Some kind of
> "escape" key entered before the actual key.
>
> For example, I have
>
>       Key F1 A N Switch-Iconic
>       Key F2 ...
>       :
>
> in my .fvwmrc.
>
> Assuming the window "xyz" has input focus: If I press and release
> some [magic_escape_key], followed by [F1], then "xyz" should *not*
> be changed to an icon, but [F1] should be sent to "xyz" instead.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--

Dominik Vogt