On Mon, Jan 06, 2020 at 04:04:49PM -0600, Brian wrote:

> Thanks for replying.  The following is the functions called, so not the
> one you reference.
>
> #Function FvwmMenuDirectory
> DestroyFunc FuncFvwmMenuDirectory
> AddToFunction FuncFvwmMenuDirectory
> + I PipeRead '/usr/bin/fvwm-menu-directory --title "%d" --dir "$0"'
>
> Which as I said makes a Documents directory directly in the main menu
> and then displays the files and directories as if they were a submenu of
> "Documents".
>
> The trouble I run into is that every file clicked on opens in vi,
> directories open the next level down directory, and what I need is for
> the files to open according to the mime type with the proper
> application.
>
> Dominik,
> The man page suggest that you and Mikhael originally wrote this little
> script.  Is there a config I've forgotten so that files will properly
> open by mime type?

It is really just a showcase for generating menus on the fly.  Any
additional logic like opening files needs to be done outside fvwm.
It was never intended to integrate a general file handler into
fvwm.

> For example I see in the man for fvwm-menu-directory a --exec-app
> [command] which maybe means I need to include the app to run on a file,
> but would that work for each mime type?  Maybe there is another
> FvwmFunction which needs to be referenced to add mime type calls?
> Maybe I'm using the wrong function even?

Looking at the --help output, I imagine that the option
--exec-file=xdg-open should do what you want.  (xdg-open starts
the application defined by the mime type with the given file;
don't ask me about syntax details.)

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--