On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 06:48:45PM +0100, Klaus Ethgen wrote:
> seting the background (root window) to some image is easy. But is there
> any way to get the image content on fvwm root window back to an image?

As far as I know the X protocol offers no way to retrieve the
background pixmap of any window.  The best approximation is to
remove all windows from the current desk and then make a
screenshot.  For example, from FvwmConsole:

  all stick off
  all movetodesk 1

*But* if there is some background image, how did it get there?
There should be some readable image file somewhere on the system.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--

Dominik Vogt