On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 08:11:40AM +0200, Olivier Chapuis wrote:

> > > So this means that those specifying a icon window will not get a relief
> > > and those specifying a pixmap does get an icon relief (using my
> > > modification)?
> >
> > Yup.  I've tried to implement that feature a while ago, but got
> > confused with all the icon hints stuff we have now and gave up
> > for the moment.
> >

> I think implemented this is not so difficult, in fact the icon
> hints are not really important here, the icons is build from
> the icon info contained in the FvwmWindow struct and these
> info which depends on hints should be (is?) initialized before
> we build the displayed icon.

Yes, the feature is not so difficult to implement, but I wanted to
clean up the unholy mess in the icon hints code.  It took me two
days before I gave up, unable to single out the icon hints from
the ewmh/gnome code :-/  Certainly, you remember my frustrated
mail back then ("hint code clean up" or something like this).
It's still one of my top priorities - not because the code were
badly written (it isn't), but because it has become so complex and
relies on so many implicit dependencies that it has well become
unmaintainable.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen