On 01:20 20 Aug 2002, Imre Vida <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| however, i was somewhat puzzled by the way "Maximization" works:
| wanted to define some hotkeys to maximize/grow windows
| horizontally/verticaly or even left/right/up/down
| and by combining these actions to get the best size and location
| (very often i end up with hundreds of windows open and then try to
| get the "best" out of them  ;-)
[...]
| of course, one could use "True" to force the maximizations
| but then the unmaximization "toggle" will not work with the
| same hotkey
[...]
| if there is already the possibility to do vert. and hor.
| maximizations separately, wouldn't it be nicer/more logical
| to also handle them separately (ie. assign two booleans instead of
| one single)?

Hmm. Do you really want a toggle.

I know I've tried Maximise in the past, but never really want it.
(For example, various things (resizish things) don't seem to work on
maximised windows, because they're maximised!)

I now _only_ use Resize (and ResizeMove(sp?)).

I have key bindings to basicly do:
        - resize 100 90  (top 10% of screen has tools in it for me)
        - resize to any quadrant
        - resize to left or right half of screen
        - lower/raise stuff

For me at least, the notion of "maximise" as a state doesn't map to how
I work; I want "put a window over there, that size", and when I'm done
with it I close it or iconify it.

I'm curious: how many people really use "maximise" as a state toggle?

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

What's the best platform that Windows NT runs on?
A Kodak carosel slide projector.        - Dvorak