On 01/17/03 12:46 AM, Mikhael Goikhman sat at the `puter and typed:
> On 16 Jan 2003 11:18:06 -0500, Louis LeBlanc wrote:

> > > Do you mean your desk has 4x1 pages? or you have 4 desks each contains
> > > one page? I suppose you speak about the desk with 4 horizontal pages.
> > >
> > > Quoting the man page:
> > >
> > >          EdgeScroll horizontal[p] vertical[p]
> > >
> > > [skipped]
> > >
> > >               If the horizontal and vertical percentages are mul???
> > >               tiplied  by 1000 then scrolling wraps around at the
> > >               edge of the desktop.  If
> > >
> > >                    EdgeScroll 100000 100000
> > >
> > >               is used  fvwm  scrolls  by  whole  pages,  wrapping
> > >               around at the edge of the desktop.
> > >
> > > See also EdgeResistance.
> >
> > Very cool.  I like it.  I also noticed the Scroll command for
> > keystroke wraparound.  Unfortunately, the behavior is slightly
> > different.  It's more noticeable when you have a multidimensional
> > desktop (like 3x2 instead of 4x1) but what happens is when you scroll
> > off the right side of page 0,2, you wrap to page 1,0, rather than 0,0,
> > like you do in the EdgeScroll behavior.  The same happens if you
> > scroll off the top of 0,0 - you wrap into 1,1 instead of 0,1.
> >
> > Is there any way to change the Scroll wraparound behavior so they are
> > consistent?  I much prefer the EdgeScroll behavior, but I don't really
> > care for the need to grab the mouse.  I did check the manpage, and the
> > behavior is consistent with what the docs say, but I still like the
> > EdgeScroll behavior better.  It's more intuitive for me.
>
> Don't tell anyone I suggested you such dirty trick, but if you do some
> math you may see it is not that dirty. Suppose you use DesktopSize 3x4.
> Then instead of "Scroll 100000 0" use "Scroll 0 400000" and instead of
> "Scroll 0 100000" use "Scroll 300000 0". Works like you want.
>
> Regards,
> Mikhael.

Very slick!  Shoulda thought of that myself.

I came up with this for a 3x2 desktop:
Key h           A       4       Scroll +0      -200000
Key l           A       4       Scroll +0      +200000
Key k           A       4       Scroll +300000 +0
Key j           A       4       Scroll +300000 +0

Funny thing is the h key doesn't work quite like expected.  It works
fine from the bottom row, but from the top row it behaves like the
setting is "+0  -100000" - like the ctrl UP key in the following:

Key Left        A       C       Scroll -100000 +0
Key Right       A       C       Scroll +100000 +0
Key Up          A       C       Scroll +0      -100000
Key Down        A       C       Scroll +0      +100000

Any idea why?  I tried several other values for the second parameter,
including +400000 and +600000, which never want to behave right.
Instead of behaving like you'd expect "+0 -200000" to behave, they
behave exactly like you'd expect "+0 +200000".

Thanks
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ????

What is algebra, exactly?  Is it one of those three-cornered things?
    -- J.M. Barrie