I recently upgraded from Fvwm 2.2.2.5 to 2.4.14 and then on to 2.5.6.

I notice with the 2.4 and 2.5 versions, that Fvwm loses my command line
arguments over a Restart.  Preprocessing of the fvwmrc file is therefore
incorrect after the restart.

To illustrate, this is what I do.  I invoke fvwm like this:

fvwm2 -cmd "FvwmCpp $HOME/.fvwm2rc -DDPY$DISPSZ=1 ${APM:+-DAPM=1}" &

This will define two Cpp variables: DPYnnnxnnnn and APM.  I then test
these and do appropriate things to the display, based on its size and
whether or not APM power management is in use.  On the first run, this
works fine.

However, after a restart, it seems these arguments are completely lost
as neither variable is set when the fvwmrc file is re-processed.

FWIW, this worked perfectly in 2.2.2.5, even after a restart.

        -jr