On Sunday 20 April 2003 07:18, parv wrote:
> > What swallowable apps do you recommend to use as a volume
> > control and clock?
>
> I like wmmixer very much; i tried some others but not any one of
> them were any more impressive -- in terms of small binary size
> & dependencies, and ease of placement -- than wmmixer itself.

OK, that's what I wanted to hear. It's a nice applet indeed.

> > BTW, xclock doesn't cut it since it doesn't seem to be possible to
> > specify the date below the time (linebreaks in the format string
> > (%n) don't seem to be interpreted by xclock).
>
> I like analog clocks & watches w/ decent contrast.  Rclock is what
> i have (not in -Buttons, on its own); i use its title at the bottom
> for date.  Perhaps some digital display clock would be able to
> easily display both date & time in the compressed space.

I use "watch date" in an rxvt now:

    *FvwmButtons: (1x1+11 Swallow(UseOld,NoHints) "Clock Applet" `Exec exec
     rxvt -bg grey35 -fg black -cr grey35 +sb -geometry 8x4 -T "Clock
     Applet" -e watch --no-title -n 1 'date +"%T%n%e. %b.  %Y"'`)

This way, of course, I can only use a digital display. But I prefer that
anyways.

Felix

--
To contact me in private don't reply but send email to
  felix DOT klee AT inka DOT de