On 21 Apr 2003 22:28:49 +0200, Felix E. Klee wrote:

> I want *maximized* windows to be without a title bar and only one flat frame
> around them, i.e. they should have the style
>
>    Style * BorderWidth 16, HandleWidth 16
>    Style * NoTitle
>    Borderstyle -- Flat
>
> Normal windows, however, should have a normal frame with a title bar, handle
> bars, etc..

You can't define a style for maximized windows only, but you may define
it for a group of windows with the same name/class. See for example this:

  http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/0303/msg00613.html

> How do I realize such a configuration?

You may maximize your windows to the full screen, see this message:

  http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/0303/msg00020.html

> BTW, because the FVWM man page is so long it is very cumbersome to find the
> information I want (e.g. when I want to know how "Exec" works I have to
> repeat searching many times). As a manual browser I tried Man and WoMan in
> EMACS but Man is not very comfortable and WoMan doesn't render some parts
> correcty. What manual browsers do you recommend (preferably in EMACS)?

I suggest "man" from the command line (search using "/") and web pages.

Regards,
Mikhael.