On 09 Jul 2003 16:17:54 +0800, Zhang Le wrote:

>   I'm using fvwm 2.5.5 and find that whenever I open a new window I have to
>   click it to make it focused. This is very annoying.
>
>   Is there a easy way to make new windows get focused when show up?
>   I guess it results in some configurations I put in my fvwm2rc (copied
>   from others, but can not figure out where is the problem).

If you need to click to windows to get them focused then remove this line
from your configuration:

  Style * ClickToFocus

The default focus policy is MouseFocus, you may try SloppyFocus too.
And try GrabFocus for new windows to get focus even if they are not under
the mouse pointer.

If you have a lot of settings and don't know which ones may affect your
focus policy search for "Focus" or "FP" in your configuration and either
comment these commands out or contact the man page to read what they mean.

Regards,
Mikhael.