On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 04:09:56PM -0400, Bob Woodside wrote:
> On 27 Aug 2003 14:47:09 -0400
> Ben Winslow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I like the effect this provides... it's not perfect (of course, you
> > can't get perfect behavior in X yet), but it works pretty nicely, and
> > since menus are fairly transient anyway, it's not too likely that
> > whatever they're over top of will change.
>
>       Unless, of course, they're tear-off menus....

Yes. However, the patch does not use translucence when the menu is
a tear-off menu. When, the menu is tear-off the usual Transparent
colorset is used, so you need:

Style fvwm_menu ParentalRelativity

and if you have some tint the stuff may be broken (see the FvwmTheme
man page about tinting the Transparent colorset).  By the way,
Transparent and RootTransparent colorset are broken with tear-off
menu: the menu bg is not updated when you move the window or on a bg
change (with a compliant "setbg" apps). This may (should/must ?) be
fixed before 2.6. I Recall that at some point tear-off menu was
declared as "possibly disabled for 2.6". But this is not the case
anymore.

Regards, Olivier