On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 11:30:55PM +0300, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> On 07 Sep 2003 14:33:24 -0400, Daniel B. wrote:
> >
> > Olivier Chapuis wrote:
> > > I suggest you use fvwm-2.5.7 or, better, a recent snapshot.
> > >
> > Why?  Does it have improved support for Gnome?
> >
> Yes, much improved. Not just GNOME; KDE too.

Would there be any objection to me providing an fvwm-cvs package for
Gentoo linux users?

I already maintain ebuilds (basically bash scripts used to manage
installation [1]) for the stable and development releases, but so much
happens between releases it would be nice for those that are interested
to be able follow development.

A live-cvs package literally checks out the source from cvs, and
installs it distinctly from the non-cvs package, so both can be
installed simultaneously.

some projects have objected in the past, on the basis that they dont
want to provide support to people who are using cvs builds, and some
projects have welcomed it (eg kde, a few developers were so impressed
with the feature they even switched to gentoo).

[1] For example, http://dev.gentoo.org/~taviso/fvwm-2.5.7-r2.ebuild