Thank you very much to all of you. I found out yesterday that I was operating under a small misconception. I never would have guessed that the Win98 borders were a full four pixels wide. I thought that the Win98 window borders were easier to grab than they should be because they are wider than they appear due to IMO superior shading. I am going to experiment and see how close I can get with fvwm. I have not yet tried the MwmBorder style to see if it helps.

My goal is to have an interface which looks as clean as Win98 while taking advantage of the increased interface functionality of fvwm, ditching the obsolete IMO task bar, and incorporating a full set of both keyboard and mouse controls.. To that end, I have incorporated Erik's first suggestion (right mouse drag on titlebar) into my .fvwm2rc. Erik's Win key suggestion was appealing as well, but I would like to be able to distribute my .fvwm2rc file to friends without their having to make changes to their .xinitrc.

-Shay