--On Thursday, May 13, 2004 14:32:48 +0200 Xavier Maillard
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 1) Is  it more powerfull  to use vector  buttons instead of XPM/PNG  ? I
>    mean what is best not to waste cycles ?

Well, they are both powerful, I use a background pixmap with alpha blending
and vectors stacked on top to draw the button emblems. The major advantage
of vectors (imho) is that they use Colorsets, so changing a window's
colorset updates the vectors to match.

In my experience, vectors are faster than using pixmaps for buttons, but i
dont have any stats to back that up :)

> 2) How can I produce my  own window decorations (ie. buttons) ? Is there
>    any tool that can graphically show  me what I am typing (what vectors
>    look like) ?

It's not too hard to write them (it is difficult at first, but it gets
easier), I think theres a perl script somewhere that can convert xfig
graphics into vectors, i think it's called eps2vector.