On Sat, 18 Feb 2006, Peter Andersson wrote:

> I am looking for a way to letting some applications being visible on all
> virtual desktops. What i mean is to load the FvwmPager at startup and let
> it be visible on all desktops.

I have this in my .fvw2rc (this keeps the pager on all screens (2x2) of
all desktops (2), in the top right corner. I also keep sticky the clock
applications (not shown).

Style "FvwmPager"  NoTitle, Sticky, StaysOnTop, WindowListSkip
*FvwmPagerGeometry   150x120-0+0

Other things I find useful are :

Style "*"   StickyIcon

(in my setup when a window is iconized, I can re-open it from any screen)

I also find quite useful to stick/unstick toggle button in the window
menu. Although I've defined in the window menu a sub-menu to "0ccupy
desktop and page" (see below), I find myself using more and more the
stick/unstick button to access a given window from a particular desktop,
with respect to the window menu or drag-and-drop in the pager itself.

AddToMenu windowops "Window menu (Shift-Alt-Space)"   Title
,,,
 + "&0ccupy desktop and page ..."  Popup windowsend
 + "(Un)St&ick       (Shift-Alt-F4) "  Stick

AddToMenu windowsend
# "Send to ..." Title
 + "&desk ..." Popup windowwspmenu
 + "&page ..." Popup windowpagmenu

AddToMenu windowwspmenu
# "Send to Desk" Title
 + "&1 Main"      MoveToDesk 0 0
 + "&2 Secondary" MoveToDesk 0 1

AddToMenu windowpagmenu
# "Send to Page" Title
 + "&1"      MoveToPage 0 0
 + "&2"      MoveToPage 1 0
 + "&3"      MoveToPage 0 1
 + "&4"      MoveToPage 1 1

The reasonable   man tries to adapt himself to the world
The unreasonable man tries to adapt the world to himself
Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man      (G.B.Shaw)