> Dear fvwm supporters,
>

> I have downloaded and installed version 2-4-19 of fvwm2 (unzipped,
> untared, ./configure, make, make install).
> During compilation, I got numerous error messages stating that files
> (mostly starting with "mini") had not been found.
> Afterwards, I could start fvwm2 without problems, but it does not contain
> the 4 desktops in the lower righthand corner (which is the nice feature I
> like about fvwm).
> What do I have to do?
> I wouldn't mind reinstalling if there is an easy way to get it all right.
>
> Thank you,
>
>     Manfred Jeitler
>     CERN PH, mailbox E02400, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland
>     office +41 22 767 6307      office location: building 21, R-029
>     mobile +41 76 487 0862      (16-0862 from inside CERN)
>     home   +33 4 50 40 66 56
>     fax    +41 22 767 8920

You will probably be better off with the latest version 2.5.16.  I
compiled 2.4.19 and got no "mini" errors (or "mini" anything for that
matter).

You probably want the pager and 2x2 desktops.  Look at "THE VIRTUAL
DESKTOP" section of the man page, and the detailed section for
DesktopSize.  FvwmPager has its own man page.  Add this to your config
file:

  DesktopSize 2x2
  Module FvwmPager 0 0

--
Thanks,

Jonathan Kotta

Hofstadter's Law:
    It always takes longer than you expect, even
    when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.