severity 407174 normal
tags 407174 +unreproducible
retitle 407174 tighten build dependencies on libfribidi
thanks

        [for the fvwm mailing list; the lines above are directives for
        the debian BTS]
Hi,

        A few things.
  a) The Debian package of fvwm depends on libfribidi0 (>=
     0.10.7), despite what your subject line says.
  b) Your report says that you have libfribidi0    0.10.4-6 , which
     means that you have either forcibly installed fvwm over riding
     the dependencies, or you have compiled fvwm on your own. Which is
     it?
   c) Ari Pollak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> has tested fvwm on Etch, and can see
      bidirectional menus work correctly for Hebrew, so bi-directional
      support seems fine.
   d) your bug report says Debian Release: 4.0, but you are running
      kernel version 2.4.32, and libc6 2.3.2.ds1-22sarge; the actual
      version in the forthcoming release 4.0 is 2.3.6.ds1-8

        I think this is a local error; I am thus downgrading the
 severity of the debian bug report, and unless you can convince me
 otherwise, I'll further reduce it to minor severity.

        manoj
--
Man must shape his tools lest they shape him. Arthur R. Miller
Manoj Srivastava <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.golden-gryphon.com/>