On 3/17/07, Bert 'theBlackDragon' Geens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 3/16/07, Arvin Schnell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> since I could not find examples about controlling KDM from FVWM I
> figured it out myself. You can see my results here:
>
> http://arvin.schnell-web.net/linux/kdm-fvwm.html
>
> Maybe you want to include this in your examples distributed with
> FVWM or in your FAQ.

This looks like an excellent topic for the FvwmWiki (currently
available via: http://fvwmwiki.bu-web.de, since fvwmwiki.org is still
unreachable), I suggest you add it there as I'm sure quite some people
would find this interesting while I on the other hand don't feel it
belongs in the main FVWM FAQ.

Cheers

Bert Geens

For those who use GDM, the analogous command is gdm-signal.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~](1)$ gdm-signal --help
Usage:
 gdm-signal [OPTION...] - make the machine sleep in some way

Help Options:
 -?, --help               Show help options
 --help-all               Show all help options
 --help-gtk               Show GTK+ Options

Application Options:
 -z, --hibernate          Hibernate the machine
 -h, --halt               Halt the machine
 -s, --suspend            Suspend the machine
 -r, --reboot             Reboot the machine
 --display=DISPLAY        X display to use

BTW, I had no idea this command existed until I looked for it after
reading this thread.  Thanks for pointing it out.

--
Thanks,

Jonathan Kotta

Hofstadter's Law:
   It always takes longer than you expect, even
   when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.