Oliver Bandel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 10:44:03AM +0100, seventh guardian wrote:
> > >
> > >OK, this does not work, it must be "StartsOnDesk",
> > >                            not    "StartOnDesk".
> > >
> > >But it does not work....  there is no Window
> > >named "foo1", when I start fvwm.
> > >

> > >What is missing?
> >
> Here is, what I have in my fvwm-config:
> ==================================
> SetDesktopSize 3x3
> DesktopName 0 Intro
> DesktopName 1 "Work Hard"
> DesktopName 2 "Just Another Desktop"
>
> Style "foo1" StartsOnDesk 0
> AddToFunc StartFunction I Exec exex xterm -T foo1
>
> Style "foo2" StartsOnDesk Intro
> AddToFunc StartFunction I Exec exex xterm -T foo1
> ==================================

Use -name to name your windows, not -T.

Here's how I start things on other pages, you should be
able to work out something similar for desks.
The tricks are skipmapping, and the placement stuff:

DestroyFunc PageIt
AddToFunc PageIt I Style $0 StartsOnPage $1 $2 $3, SkipMapping,\
 ManualPlacementHonorsStartsOnPage,\
 MoveByProgramMethod UseGravity, RandomPlacement

PageIt workman 0 1 0
PageIt gtcd    0 1 0
PageIt Netscape 0 0 1
PageIt "Mozilla*"  0 0 1
PageIt "SeaMonkey*"  0 0 1

--
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]