Can someone sort out some confusion for me?  Wikipedia tells me that fvwm
started in 1993 as a hack around the problems of twm. The reason fvwm feels so
nice and familiar to me is that I was using it (or something similar) at
university (89-92). Back then it was SunOS and the X terminals were almost all
monochrome but the WM definitely had fvwmpager functionality, as well as
something along the lines of fvwmiconbox/iconman. The hugely gonfigurable
titlebar buttons (and tha ability to have the titlebar on the bottom) were also
present.

I know it wasn't twm (because twm was also on the machines and the difference
is fairly obvious), so if fvwm was released in 1993 - does anyone know of
another predecessor?

Not important - I'm just curious.

R.

now.