> Have You tried to move the window back on screen using the All cammand
> from FvwmConsole?

Yep, as near as I can tell, the window really does go away (though the
app doesn't exit). There is one window created by the virt-manager
app that acts "normal", all the other ones disappear when I try to
bring them up under fvwm (unless I say unmanaged - I tried a vast
collection of other style options with "ignore" in their name, but none
of them helped :-).

If I understood more about how to read pygtk code I might be able to
guess why the one window is different than the other windows, but
I don't really know gtk or python, much less the combination.