On Thu, 11 Nov 2010, Thomas Adam wrote:

On 11 November 2010 15:20, E. Rosten <er...@cam.ac.uk> wrote:

I'm using OpenOffice 3.2 and it insists on autoraising when it has floating
toolbars. I use sloppy focus. The easiest way to replicate this is as
follows:

create two new wordprocessor documents

put a table in document 1
tear off the table toolbar

Put the document 1 window underneath the document 2 window.

Now put the mouse over document 1 and it will pop up to the front.

I've searched the mailing lists and tried the following:

Style "*Office*" EWMHIgnoreStackingOrderHints, IgnoreRestack,
DontRaiseTransient, DontLowerTransient
Style "VCLSalFrame" EWMHIgnoreStackingOrderHints, IgnoreRestack,
DontRaiseTransient, DontLowerTransient

FvwmIdentify gives the resource name as VCLSalFrame. Unfortunately, none of
those options work.

Does anyone know how I can prevent it from raising itself?

Read up on "DontStackTransientParent".

Ah, I missed one! Thanks that works great.

Of course, OpenOffice has slightly odd ideas about when floating toolbars should disappear which don't work with sloppy focus...

-Ed