I have no concrete idea that you could directly transform
into source code, but, perhaps my question and a general
idea could help to find a direction.

Question:
What do you mean with "while a key is pressed"?
Only the mod4 (Win) key? And perhaps a Control key?

When I see your lines of code, I think it should be enough
when the mod4 (Win) key is kept down?

Idea:
If so: Is it possible to recognize a currently pressed
mod4 key, and set another focus policy until the key is up again?

Michael