[We have some kind of split brain problem. You will
see some days later why.]

Apart from my generic "<Win> + <Alt>" approach from yesterday,
here is yet another idea, which has very high chances of solving
SOME of your specific wishes without compromise. (Focus related
logics are a topic I'm interested in a lot.)

f...@stefan-klinger.de wrote:
> Another example is the following setup, which allows me to jump to
> another page on the desktop, and take the current window with me:
>
>     destroyfunc gotomovetopage
>     addtofunc gotomovetopage
>     + I movetopage $0 $1
>     + I gotopage $0 $1
>
>     key right A C4 gotomovetopage 1p 0p
>     key left A C4 gotomovetopage -1p 0p
>     key up A C4 gotomovetopage 0p -1p
>     key down A C4 gotomovetopage 0p 1p
>
> When jumping over multiple pages, I loose the window on the first
> occasion where the mouse pointer accidentally catches another window.

This code fragment below will work, especially when you DO NOT use the
FPLeaveToUnfocus policy, where such kind of approach would make more sense
than with:

destroyfunc gotomovetopage
addtofunc gotomovetopage
+ I SetEnv BOOKMARKED_WINDOW $[w.id]
+ I movetopage $0 $1
+ I gotopage $0 $1
+ I WindowId $[BOOKMARKED_WINDOW] WarpToWindow 50 50

WarpToWindow moves the mouse pointer, wich prevents that the
wrong window gets the focus.

My own config also uses such kind of "bookmark" and WarpToWindow
approach (in similar contextes).

> Excerpt from my .fvwm/config, which allows me to move a window to one
> of the 9 positions with a single keystroke.
>
>     Style * FPEnterToFocus, FPLeaveToUnfocus
>
>     key 1 a 4 animatedmove 0 0 warp
>     key 2 a 4 animatedmove 50-50w 0 warp
>     key 3 a 4 animatedmove -0 0 warp
>     # ... and so on, think of a keypad, 1=top-left, 5=center,
> 9=bottom-right

Similar here: Build a function, "bookmark" the window ID, use "WarpToWindow",
use "Raise", and your window should keep the focus (not tested, but it should
work).

Now, choose between this and the generic "<Win> + <Alt>" approach from
yesterday :-)

Michael

Have to withdraw now for a while. It was great, but holidays are over :-(