On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Walter Alejandro Iglesias
<e...@roquesor.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 01:19:15PM -0500, Jonathan Kotta wrote:
>> On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 10:31 AM, Walter Alejandro Iglesias
>> <e...@roquesor.com> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I use ClickToFocus and just IconMan, I don't use icons.
>> >
>> > When I iconify a window I expect the last focused window
>> > recovers the focus.  It happens just randomly.
>> >
>> > I use the default Iconify function.  I've tried adding custom
>> > functions (following what I've found in some posts in the Fvwm
>> > forum about similar issues) without success.  Perhaps I don't
>> > understand well what Fvwm saves for Prev and Next windows; is this
>> > managed by FvwmWindowList function?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> >
>> >        Walter
>> >

>> I also use ClickToFocus, and use FvwmEvent to switch focus when
>> iconifying.  It works well for me.
>>
>> ,----
>> | DestroyFunc FocusPrev
>> | AddToFunc FocusPrev
>> | + I None (CurrentPage, Focused, AnyScreen) \
>> |     Prev (CurrentPage, !Iconic, !Shaded, Visible, AcceptsFocus, AnyScreen)
>> \
>> |     Focus NoWarp
>> |
>> | DestroyModuleConfig FvwmEventFocus: *
>> | *FvwmEventFocus: Cmd Function
>> | *FvwmEventFocus: new_page       FocusPrev
>> | *FvwmEventFocus: new_desk       FocusPrev
>> | *FvwmEventFocus: destroy_window FocusPrev
>> | *FvwmEventFocus: iconify        FocusPrev
>> |
>> | KillModule FvwmEvent FvwmEventFocus
>> | FvwmEvent FvwmEventFocus
>> `----
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jonathan Kotta
>>
>> Hofstadter's Law:
>>     It always takes longer than you expect, even
>>     when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
>

> Hy Jonathan
>
> Should I add this function to a custom version of Iconify?

Sounds like you got it working, but I'll follow up anyway.  You don't
need to define your own version of Iconify.  With the snippet I
posted, FvwmEvent runs FocusPrev every time a window is iconified (and
also whenever a window is destroyed, or the page or desk is changed).