From: Piri McMullan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [FW-1] Basic Licensing Question
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 13:33:46 -0700

This is my first post to this list and am somewhat new to CP.  I have taken
over CP admin from a previous employee who used to only set up integrated
mgmt/fw systems.  I am setting up a first distributed config, separate mgmt
and fw systems and have a basic license question.  I was under the
impression that licensing had to be done according to the external
interface
which is giving me problems as my mgmt is behind the fw inside a private
range.  Can I license against the private range without issue?  I will be
adding a few more fw modules external to the mgmt site.  I am familiar
enough with the product itself however haven't had any real experience
outside of integrated mgmt/fw systems so centralized licenses are new to
me.