From: Subhasis Gupta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [FW-1] Checkpoint Licensing
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 00:13:42 -0700

Hi All !
We are currently having 59 locations, with each
location being on a LAN. All the locations are
connected in a WAN. Only 100 users across the WAN are
having access to internt Mails and Internet Browsing
access. The number of PCs in the WAN across 59
locations is 900.
However, all the locationa can access the Internet and
transact mails if we allow the same on the Firewall.
My question is,
1) Should I take Firewall Licenses only for 100 users
who can actually transact mails and browse the
internet?
2) Or should I take Firewall licenses for all the 903
users?

We have contacted two vendors. One of them is saying
that we need to take 100 licenses, while the other is
saying that we need to take 903 licenses.

Can someone please let me know which would be correct?
Also is there any document which gives a correct
licensing details of Checkpoint Fw-1 in clear layman's
terms,

(Of course, if I take 903 licenses, there would be no
violation, but if  only 100 are taken when I should
take 903, I would land in trouble).

Subhasis

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail