For about a month about ten percent of my R55 HFA07 SecureClient connections
have suddenly start getting dropped. They will see "tunnel test failed" and
"unable to logon to the policy server." Looking at the logs shows this
error:

"Information: message_info: Implied rule
encryption failure: decrypted methods didn't match rule (VPN Error code 03)

Looking at sequential log entries, I see that the VPN Peer Gateway as
recorded in the logs suddenly seems to be changing its IP address. The
initial login and key exchange is done under one IP and all of a sudden the
IP seems to change and that's when the drops occur. Yes, that fast. Once a
drop occurs, they're done. They have to wait a few hours before they can
call back in and get working again. A reboot of the laptop won't even clear
it. In one
case, the IP address was "A" and then switched to "B" after the key exchange
and then back to "A" again, all within a matter of a few seconds.

I opened a case with Check Point but they haven't been any help at all. I
can't even get a response as to what the error code means.

If anyone even has any wild guesses, I'd sure appreciate hearing them. It
happened to me and nothing I could do, including deleting and recreating the
site, would help. I've even seen it happen when connecting from within the
WAN to the gateway to perform an initial installation and site update on a
brand new SecureClient installation. One computer will work and another one
won't. All of a sudden the one that won't work starts working. This tells me
that it definitely is a Check Point problem.

Thanks,

Ray