Glad you got it working!

Ray

From: SIBEL MEREY <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] VPN Secureremote routing problem
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:00:04 +0300

** High Priority **

Ray, thank you very much, after your mail i unistalled tcp/ip protocol
and than reinstalled it. So now it works:)
Thanks again..

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 28.07.2004 04:41:40 >>> Yes, NT does the same thing. If there is a NIC installed in the computer, it holds the DHCP IP address somewhere in the registry through a reboot or power cycle even if the NIC is now at home and no longer in the office. I don't think it shows up in WNTIPCFG or ipconfig /all, though.

We worked around this by installing the AutoExNT service, which allows
an
autoexec.bat type of operation. At bootup, we had the batch file run

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

all the time. If there was a DHCP server, it didn't hurt anything. If
there
wasn't, it didn't generate any error messages. I don't remember how we
worked around it on Windows 98. I think it was a similar approach using
command line option of winipcfg

If that thing has a built-in NIC or PC NIC, try removing or disabling
it.

Ray

>From: SIBEL MEREY <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: [FW-1] VPN Secureremote routing problem
>Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:19:28 +0300
>
>** High Priority **
>
>Unfurnately thic pc has no IP address (standalone pc), i have looked
at
>ipconfig /all and with route print command. But there is no clue
about
>this problem.

>I saw a similar case where the Win98 laptop formerly was in the same
>subnet
>with the desired target host. the Win98 box still had an IP (which it
>has
>got formerly via dhcp) on the nic, so it tried to route all pakets
>unencryted to this host. Have a look at winipcfg on the appropriate
>adapter
>and if so a release should bring things back to work.
>HTH
>Steffen

>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Overwhelmed by debt? Find out how to 'Dig Yourself Out of Debt'
from MSN
Money. http://special.msn.com/money/0407debt.armx