Precisely. That's why I skipped HFA05 and 06, because nothing applied to us.
HFA07 fixed a boatload of problems regarding Edge devices which we had just
begun testing, so I applied it. And I hit that "VPN Error Code 03" "tunnel
test failed" SecureClient problem that actually was introduced in HFA05 and
carried over through 06, 07 and 08.

Fortunately I could roll the gateway back from HFA07 and make SecureClient
work reliably again.

Unfortunately I had to apply HFA08 because of the ASN.1 security problem and
I got my "tunnel test failed" problem back again.

Fortunately Check Point was responsive in getting me a fix I could apply on
top of HFA08. So now I'm all up to date and then some. :-)

HFA05, 06 and 07 weren't publicly released as HFA04 and 08 were. If you're
not using VPN at all, then you're probably safe at HFA04. But if an auditor
(or post-incident team) reads the release notes for HFA08 and sees the
recommendation about staying up to date, can you defend your decision
effectively and reasonably? You probably don't have any proof or inkling of
proof that applying the patch incurs more risk than staying unpatched. If
you do, great!

Kind of a pity we have to practice CYA so much.

Ray