From: Joe Pope <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [FW-1] Beware R55 HFA08!
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:47:30 -0400

Warning if use VPN with R55, especially SecuRemote/SecureClient!

After upgrading from HFA04 to HFA08 we started having decryption errors
(VPN
error code 03) with our SecureClient users. Somehow the logged IP address
of the VPN Peer Gateway is getting changed (by the firewall) and then
decryption fails.  It does not affect all SecureClient users at the same
time, and after
a few hours the problem goes away!  I checked my SecureClient while
monitoring my firewall logs, and my SecureClient IP address was not being
reported
in the firewall logs correctly.

I submitted a trouble ticket with Check Point and they know about this
problem, and they suggested I  roll back to HFA04.
They said HFA09 is suppose to fix this problem, but no word on when to
expect this fix.

_________________________________________________________________ On the road to retirement? Check out MSN Life Events for advice on how to get there! http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=Retirement