From: Crist Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [FW-1] Whitelisting URIs
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:20:03 -0700

We have been handed down a new policy that a certain set of computers
will only be allowed HTTP access to a specific set of "blessed" web sites.
We have been supplied with a set of URLs. I am trying to figure out the
best way to do this within FW-1. I have been looking through the HTTP
Security Server documentation and have done some playing with URI
resources, but it's not looking too good.

How have other people out there done something like this short of going
to a more full featured external HTTP proxy or third-party OPSEC tools?
Some of the websites listed are "big" Akamai'ed or otherwise distributed
where trying to list IPs will be an unmanageable pain. I've never had
much success with "Domain Objects" either. Anyone doing this completely
within FW-1?
--
Crist J. Clark                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Globalstar Communications                                (408) 933-4387

_________________________________________________________________ Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfeeŽ Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963