From: Tom Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [FW-1] Secure remote 'pool' issue
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 17:49:22 +0100

Hi

We run R55 on Linux at 2 locations, one was an upgrade from FP3 and the
other is a clean install.

When we use secure remote we assign IP's from a pool specifically for
secure
remote users. I'm finding that the users are 'seen' to be coming from their
real nat'd IP on the fresh R55 installation when they hit our network
rather
than from the pool. On the upgraded R55 install they appear to be coming
from the correct IP pool. Has anyone experienced this or know of any
gotchas
on what i can check?

On another note i'd like our IP pool users to be able to administer the
firewall as GUI clients. So i can administer it from home etc over secure
remote. However even after specifiing the IP range of the pool in the GUI
clients list i can't connect. Does anyone know if a secure remote
connection
can be used to administer the firewall as a GUI client? I'm guessing that
the firewall is 'seeing' me as coming from my real IP (not nat'd) rather
than from the secure remote IP

thanks

Tom

_________________________________________________________________ On the road to retirement? Check out MSN Life Events for advice on how to get there! http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=Retirement